A. Instruction - 6.3
B. Design - 7.8
C. Engagment - 8.3
Virtual Musical Instruments: A Must-have Music Resource
Summary : Play an Instrument Virtually, Right Now!
Virtual Musical Instruments is a website that allows users to play a variety of instruments. To begin, users must first launch the website and select the instrument to play, and their choices include a guitar, piano, pan flute, bongo drums, drums, and guitar tuner. Once an instrument is selected, the website loads it. Users can then play the instrument by clicking on it with their mouse and/or using their keyboard. Users can change instruments via the menu at the top of the screen.
Instructional Ideas of Virtual Musical Instruments
- After learning the different notes on an instrument, students can practice playing them on a virtual instrument using this website.
- Multiple students can load the instruments on their computers from this website and play a song with them virtually!
- Teachers can play a recording of an instrument included on this website for students. In response, students can identify the instrument and attempt to play back those sounds using the virtual instruments on this website.
- Students can play all the instruments on this website and then rank their favorite three. In addition, students can write a brief rationale that explains why they liked the different instruments.
- Students can use the guitar tuner to help them tune their guitar.
|A2. 21st Century Skills
|A3. Conn. to Future Learning
|A4. Value of Errors
|A5. Feedback to Teacher
|A6. Level of Material
|A7. Cooperative Learning
|A8. Accom. of Individual Diff.
|B1. Ability to Save Progress
|B2. Platform Integration
|B3. Screen Design
|B4. Ease of Use
|B6. Goal Orientation
|B7. Information Presentation
|B8. Media Integration
|B9. Cultural Sensitivity
|C1. Learner Control
Screenshots of Virtual Musical Instruments