A. Efficiency - 8.8
B. Productivity - 8
C. Design - 9.8
Class Dojo: A Tool for Class Management
Summary : Need Help Monitoring Student Behavior?
Class Dojo provides teachers with a system for recording and communicating students’ behavior and attendance. To begin, teachers must register with Class Dojo and then search for their school. Once completed, teachers can create a class by tapping the “Add a Class” button on the dashboard page and then inputting the name of the class, grade level, students, inviting parents, and customizing positive and negative behavior stickers. After creating their class, teachers will be able to see the class dashboard. By clicking on different students’ names or the “Whole Class” icon, teachers can record behavior by choosing one of the corresponding stickers. In addition, teachers can access further options using the features located on the bottom of the screen. The “Attendance” feature allows teachers to record if students were present, tardy, or absent. The “Select Multiple” feature lets teachers choose more than one student and award points to the group. The “Random” feature lets Classroom Dojo pick a student by chance. The “Timer” feature lets teachers set a timer or countdown to help pace their instruction and student activities. The “Big Idea” feature connects teachers to a library of motivational and educational videos. Finally, the “Class Code” option provides a code students can scan with their iPad that lets them share their stories. In addition, there are buttons located at the top of the screen that provide teachers with further options. The “Classroom” option gives them access to their classes and students. The “Stories” option lets teachers post updates and announcements related to the class. The “Messages” option allows teachers to invite parents to communicate with them by first sending them an email invitation that they can use to join Class Dojo’s messaging system, which they can use to communicate directly with the teacher.
Please Note: There are additional features offered by Class Dojo that fall outside the scope of this review. Teachers are encouraged to explore those features.
- Teachers can use Class Dojo to track student behavior and attendance.
- When a challenging behavior is happening in the classroom, teachers can use Class Dojo’s messaging feature to contact and communicate with parents.
- The “Random” feature allows teachers to pick students to respond to questions and other prompts using the website’s features.
- The “Timer” feature is a tool teachers can use to set aside specific amounts of time for students to complete assignments and tasks and teachers can use it to monitor how long different activities take to complete.
- The “Stories” feature lets teachers post updates about what is happening in the classroom for students and parents to read.
|B2. Collaboration & Communication|
|B3. Ability to Save Progress|
|B5. Platform Integration|
|C2. Ease of Use|
|C5. Screen Design|
|C6. Information Presentation|
|C7. Media Integration|
|C8. Free of Distractors|