A. Efficiency - 8
B. Functionality - 6
C. Design - 9.8
Classroom Ideas to Go!: A Best App for Lesson Planning
Summary : Lesson plan inspiration!
With Classroom Ideas to Go! by Scholastic, users select a grade range, subject, and lesson type, and they are then presented with a collection of developmentally and subject-appropriate lesson ideas from a library of over 1,200 lessons. Users have the ability to select from a K–8 grade range, the subject, and a type of lesson (e.g., group work, quiet, active, test preparation, outdoors, etc.). Following these selections, users are then given one idea that can be saved to a favorites list, shared via email, or the user has the option to advance to the next lesson idea. Lessons can also be located by using the search feature, in which users can input key words to find lesson ideas. Lastly, as users review lessons, they can tap the save button to save lesson ideas to their favorites, making them easily accessible for future reference.
- Classroom Ideas to Go! assists teachers in locating and developing lesson-plan ideas that are appropriate to their class’s subject area and grade level.
- Teachers can use Classroom Ideas to Go! to fill extra instructional time and quickly come up with a classroom activity on the fly. To do so, teachers can input their class’s grade, a subject level, and an activity type, and increase classroom involvement by allowing students to choose one of the lessons to complete.
- Upon successful use of a suggested lesson within the Classroom Ideas to Go! app, teachers can easily share the lesson with colleagues using the app’s email feature.
- Teachers can use Classroom Ideas to Go! to help create ideas for station activities.
- Classroom Ideas to Go! can be used to brainstorm subject-appropriate arts and crafts activities around seasonal holidays.
|B2. Collaboration & Communication|
|B3. Ability to Save Progress|
|B5. Platform Integration|
|C2. Ease of Use|
|C5. Screen Design|
|C6. Information Presentation|
|C7. Media Integration|
|C8. Free of Distractors|