A. Instruction - 6.5
B. Design - 9
C. Engagement - 8.7
Google: The Best Search Engine App
Summary : The Premiere Search Engine in App Form!
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/coreylee/appedreview.com/app/wp-content/plugins/wp-appbox/inc/getappinfo.class.php on line 997
The Google Search app is one of the world’s premiere search engines converted into app form. With the Google Search app, users can search the Internet using key terms to find documents, articles, websites, images, videos, and much more. Users also have the ability to specify the type of search to be conducted. For example, users can run a search of the Web, Images, News, Videos, Shopping, Blogs, Discussions, and Books. Plus, Google Search automatically retains users’ prior search terms, and upon entering a new term, Google pulls up similar queries previously searched by other users.
- Prior to assigning a research project, students can be taught how to use the Google Search app to locate important and relevant information relating to the project. For example, the teacher could engage students in an activity to demonstrate to students how search results can be affected by using “and” in place of “or” in search terms, and how using quotation marks with specific terms can help students locate more relevant matches.
- Teachers can have students use the Google Search app for an activity in which students are to search for information and then identify and categorize websites by whether or not they are credible resources. Next, teachers and students can discuss why some websites are credible and others are not.
- When students are studying a specific topic (e.g., historical topic, author, scientific principle, mathematical concept), the topic can be entered in the Google Search app as a search term. The class can then discuss the different websites and documents that are reported by the app. Some discussion questions could include:
- What information is presented by this website/document?
- What is the quality of the information presented?
- What information presented by this website/document is new and what information is review?
A1. Rigor A2. 21st Century Skills A3. Conn. to Future Learning A4. Value of Errors A5. Feedback to Teacher A6. Level of Material A7. Cooperative Learning A8. Accom. of Individual Diff. B1. Ability to Save Progress B2. Platform Integration B3. Screen Design B4. Ease of Use B5. Navigation B6. Goal Orientation B7. Information Presentation B8. Media Integration B9. Cultural Sensitivity C1. Learner Control C2. Interactivity C3. Pace C4. Flexibility C5. Interest C6. Aesthetics C7. Utility
|A2. 21st Century Skills|
|A3. Conn. to Future Learning|
|A4. Value of Errors|
|A5. Feedback to Teacher|
|A6. Level of Material|
|A7. Cooperative Learning|
|A8. Accom. of Individual Diff.|
|B1. Ability to Save Progress|
|B2. Platform Integration|
|B3. Screen Design|
|B4. Ease of Use|
|B6. Goal Orientation|
|B7. Information Presentation|
|B8. Media Integration|
|B9. Cultural Sensitivity|
|C1. Learner Control|