A. Instruction - 7.1
B. Design - 9.3
C. Engagement - 6.9
JogNog: A Best App for Assessment
Summary : The Most Comprehensive Quiz App Available for K-12, Period.
JogNog is a comprehensive database of quizzes that users can access. The quizzes include assessments for Math, English, Science, History, and enrichment, and they are designed for students from 2nd grade through college. Each quiz consists six or more questions, and users are provided with a score immediately after completing a quiz. JogNog’s additional features that can be accessed at the bottom of the screen include:
- “Home” tracks a user’s progress.
- “Quizzes” lists all the assessments indexed by JogNog.
- “Leaders” tracks users daily and all-time scores.
- “Towers” are awards that users gain for completing quizzes.
- “Search” lets users find quizzes by topic.
Before accessing JogNog’s quizzes, users must register as a student. For a subscription fee, users can create a teacher account, which lets them share a class code with students and track assessment data. To access additional information about teacher accounts, users should visit www.jognog.com.
- After teaching a topic, teachers can search this app for a matching quiz and have students complete the quiz. After students complete the quiz, they can take a screen shot of their results and email them to their teacher for grading.
- Teachers can create a class challenge to see who can earn the most points during a class period by taking quizzes. When doing this activity, teachers need to stipulate the theme of the quizzes that students are to complete.
- After becoming familiar with the format of the quizzes included in this app, teachers can have students create quizzes modeled after the ones included in this app for topics not included in this app.
|A2. 21st Century Skills|
|A3. Conn. to Future Learning|
|A4. Value of Errors|
|A5. Feedback to Teacher|
|A6. Level of Material|
|A7. Cooperative Learning|
|A8. Accom. of Individual Diff.|
|B1. Ability to Save Progress|
|B2. Platform Integration|
|B3. Screen Design|
|B4. Ease of Use|
|B6. Goal Orientation|
|B7. Information Presentation|
|B8. Media Integration|
|B9. Cultural Sensitivity|
|C1. Learner Control|