A. Efficiency - 9
B. Functionality - 9
C. Design - 9.5
LearnBoost: A Top Gradebook and Attendance Website
Summary : Add Efficiency to Planning, Grading, and Monitoring!
LearnBoost is a completely free grade book, attendance, and lesson planning tool designed for teachers and students. To begin, teachers will need to register with the website and then move through the introductory tour. Once completed, teachers will be able to create their first class by clicking the “Add a Class” button on their dashboard and entering in the information.
LearnBoost will then load a new screen, and teachers can click the buttons on the left side of the screen to add basic information. Specifically, the “Class Roster” button to add students to their class, the “Seating” button to create a seating chart and track attendance, the “Schedule” button to enter the times when the class meets, the “Access” button to allow students and parents to be part of the class, and the “Policy” button to add class rules. After entering each kind of information, teachers will need to click the “Save” button. In addition, once teachers give students and parents/gaurdians access to their class, they will receive an email to enter the class, and teachers can also provide the access code manually from the “Class Roster” screen.
After completing their class profile, teachers can open their class by selecting it from the dashboard and use the buttons on the top of the screen to add grades, record attendance, and run reports. The “Gradebook” feature lets teachers enter assignments and grades along with viewing student progress. The “Attendance” button lets teachers quickly mark which students were present, absent, and tardy. Finally, the “Reports” button lets teachers capture snapshots of student progress.
After adding their classes, teachers can write, save, and share lesson plans directly through this website. To do so, teachers will need to click the “Portfolio” button on the top right of the screen from their dashboard view, and a new screen will open. Teachers can then click the “Create” button to write lesson plans in a customizable template. Once they complete a lesson plan, teachers can use the button on the top right of the screen to save, share, and print it. In addition, they will be able to access it from their dashboard.
Classroom Applications for LearnBoost
- At the beginning of the year, teachers can create a class in this website for each course they are teaching. That way, as the year progresses, teachers will be able to record student attendance and grades in the same place along with their lesson plans.
- Teachers can write a lesson plan for their class and then share it with colleagues using the options available in this website.
- As part of a professional learning community, teachers can compare this learning management system with other ones, such as Edmodo and Schoology. Teachers can then make an informed decision about which learning management system they would like to use.
- During an open house, teachers can show parents/guardians this website and how they can monitor their student’s progress. Next, teachers can add the parents/guardians to their class, so they can monitor their student’s progress independently.
- In preparation for a conference, meeting, or open house, teachers can run reports of student progress to share with other stakeholders.
|B2. Collaboration & Communication|
|B3. Ability to Save Progress|
|B5. Platform Integration|
|C2. Ease of Use|
|C5. Screen Design|
|C6. Information Presentation|
|C7. Media Integration|
|C8. Free of Distractors|
Screenshots of LearnBoost