A Top-Notch Graphing Calculator Available for Free!
Summary : Solving Mathematical Equations, Expressions, and Inequalities has never been Easier!
Maple Calculator is a comprehensive calculator that allows users to enter data into it and view the data’s graphical representation. After launching the app, a calculator keyboard loads, and users can enter an equation, expression, inequality, or other mathematical sentence into it. The app will then provide an answer or solution, depending on the type of mathematical sentence entered, and users can tap the buttons on the top right of the screen to access additional information about the sentence.
To begin, users can tap the “Check Mark” icon, and the app will show information that is respective to the type of mathematical sentence entered into the app. For example, users may see the sentence graphed on a two-dimensional plane, a three-dimensional plane, a simplified version of the sentence, or a table of values, along with other formats. In addition, users who are logged into their Maple Calculator account can upload the mathematical sentence to the Maple Cloud, and the app will provide them a file name, so they can access the sentence again on MaplePrimes.com.
Next, if users have a mathematical sentence that is written, users can tap the “Camera” icon. The app will then scan the sentence and automatically upload it and then solve it in the app. Users can then tap the “Check Mark” icon to further explore the mathematical sentence that was uploaded, as previously described.
If users wish to edit or enter a new mathematical sentence, they will need to tap the “Pencil” icon. By tapping it, the calculator keyboard will reappear, and users can make changes or enter a new mathematical sentence. If users experience a challenge when using the app, they can tap the “Flag” icon to report it.
Finally, users can tap the “Three-Lined” icon on the top left of the screen to access additional information about the app along with registering themselves as users, which gives them access to MaplePrimes.
NOTE: MaplePrimes is a website that coincides with the Maple Calculator. The website is a community that allows its users to post questions, answer questions, earn digital badges, and much more!
Instructional Ideas for Maple Calculator
- When assigning students math problems, teachers can have their students use this app to help them solve the problems.
- Teachers can show students a line in a graph. Students can then use this app to work in reverse to determine the mathematical sentence that would result in the line. Teachers can have students work in pairs to complete this activity.
- If students are unable to solve a problem using this calculator, they can post it to the MaplePrimes website and get support from the community to help them solve it.
- After solving a problem, students can tap the “Upload” button to send it to the Maple Cloud, so they can access it at a later date.
- When teachers are leading lessons about different mathematical sentences, they can use this app to show the graphical representations of the sentences.
Screenshots of Maple Calculator
Ratings of Maple Calculator
Blanks indicate the dimension is not applicable
|A2. 21st Century Skills|
|A3. Conn. to Future Learning|
|A4. Value of Errors|
|A5. Feedback to Teacher|
|A6. Level of Material|
|A7. Cooperative Learning|
|A8. Accom. of Individual Diff.|
|B1. Ability to Save Progress|
|B2. Platform Integration|
|B3. Screen Design|
|B4. Ease of Use|
|B6. Goal Orientation|
|B7. Information Presentation|
|B8. Media Integration|
|B9. Cultural Sensitivity|
|C1. Learner Control|