A. Efficiency - 8.4
B. Functionality - 6
C. Design - 6
Mega Seating Plan: An Essential for Classroom Management
Summary : Helping to Organize Classrooms Around the World!
Mega Seating Plan allows users to customize seating charts for their classroom and students. To begin, users must load the website and then register for free. Once registered, Mega Seating Plan provides users with a step-by-step tutorial that guides them through loading their first class roster. (If users wish to skip the tutorial, they can click the “Class Lists” option and choose the “Import new class list” option to load a class without completing the tutorial.) As users load their roster, they will need to either import data from a pre-existing spreadsheet or manually enter their students’ names. While doing so, users will be able to add column headings to their roster, which allows the data to be labeled with specific information (e.g., surname, homeroom, gender, etc.). After loading the roster data, users will be able to click the “Classrooms” option from the menu at the top to create a seating chart. They will then need to name the classroom and add desks to it by clicking the blank spaces. After doing so, users will need to save their classroom and then choose the “Seating Plans” option to assign students to desks.
After clicking the “Seating Plans” option, users must select the class and classroom for their seating chart. Mega Seating Plan then offers a variety of options to organize students in the seating chart and as they enter in student information, they can further organize student placement in the seating chart by scrolling to the bottom of the page and dragging students into position. When set, users need to click the “Save Changes” option and they can then print the seating chart as a PDF.
Mega Seating Plan allows users to enhance their account to a premium level by clicking the “Upgrade” option and choosing a plan. Users can also invite colleagues to join Mega Seating Plan and earn 30 days of free premium access.
Classroom Ideas for Mega Seating Plan
- Teachers can add their entire class rosters as classes into this website and create seating charts for them.
- Once a seating chart is created, teachers can project it before class begins as a reminder to students regarding where they are to sit.
- Teachers can printout a seating chart they created and manually mark it as a method for taking attendance.
- After students have been in one seating chart formation for a period of time (e.g., a month, term, quarter, etc.), teachers can use the “Seating Plans” option and toggle some of the seating arrangements to reposition students in the classroom.
- As part of a professional development activity, teachers can analyze this website in comparison to Chartkeeper, LearnBoost, and TeacherKit. Teachers can analyze the strengths and shortcoming of each piece of edtech and choose the one they wish to use in their classroom. After a period of time of using it (e.g., a week, month, term), teachers can report back and share their insights with their colleagues.
Screenshots of Mega Seating Plan