A. Instruction - 7.7
B. Design - 8.3
C. Engagement - 8.7
MetaMoJi Note Lite: An App for Note Taking
Summary : Make Note of this App!
MetaMoJi Note Lite provides users with a customizable workspace to create notes. After downloading, registering with the app, and viewing its example screen, users are brought to its home screen. To create a new note, users must tap the “+” button and then select a note template. The template will then load, and users can add to it with the tools on the top menu. The “pen” tool lets users draw on the note with their finger, and they can hold down the button to access a menu of options that lets them change the pen’s ink color and line style. The “Eraser” tool lets users draw over parts of their note they wish removed. When users lift their finger, the part they drew over will be removed, and users can choose different eraser widths by holding their finger on the “Eraser” button. The “Circle” icon on the menu bar lets users outline an area on the screen with their finger. When they remove their finger from the screen, the area they drew around will be boxed and a menu appears that allows users to cut, copy, paste, remove, or move that area to the front or back. When creating a note, users can tap the “+” button on the top menu bar to add pages, pictures, items (e.g., clipart), or webpage images to their note. When ready, users can tap the “Upload” button to share their note via email, social media, another app, iTunes, or they can save it as an image to their photo album. Users can add pages to their notes by tapping the “+” button on the bottom left of the screen. Users can also zoom in and out of their notes by pinching their fingers or tapping the “+” button on the bottom right of the screen.
Please Note: This app includes more advanced features that can be accessed by making in-app purchases.
- When teachers are lecturing or while students are reading independently, they can be required to record information using this app. Teachers can require them to make notes using texts and images. When finished, students can email their teacher the notes for accountability.
- Teachers can email students a text as a PDF that they can save by taking a screenshot of the text. Next, students can import the picture from their photo album into this app. Finally, students can annotate the text using the features in this app.
- Teachers can assign students a vocabulary term or phrase. Students can then create a note about this app by writing the word, its definition, examples of the word, images that represent the word, synonyms/antonyms for the word, and use the word in an example sentence. When finished, students can email their teacher the notes for accountability.
- When students are beginning a new unit, teachers can have them take notes for all the lessons in this unit by adding a new page for each lesson. In this way, students will create a portfolio of notes for the unit.
- When explaining a phenomenon, teachers can have students create an image or diagram of the phenomenon using this app.
|A2. 21st Century Skills|
|A3. Conn. to Future Learning|
|A4. Value of Errors|
|A5. Feedback to Teacher|
|A6. Level of Material|
|A7. Cooperative Learning|
|A8. Accom. of Individual Diff.|
|B1. Ability to Save Progress|
|B2. Platform Integration|
|B3. Screen Design|
|B4. Ease of Use|
|B6. Goal Orientation|
|B7. Information Presentation|
|B8. Media Integration|
|B9. Cultural Sensitivity|
|C1. Learner Control|