A. Efficiency - 8.3
B. Productivity - 8.3
C. Design - 8.5
PBS LearningMedia: Your Go-To Website for Instructional Content
Summary : Maybe all the instructional content you’ll ever need?!?!?!
PBS LearningMedia is a comprehensive collection of teacher resources that users can browse and share in their classroom. From the homepage, users can search the website’s content with the search too by entering in key terms or by selecting a grade level, subject area, and/or resource type. Next, the website will sort through its content for the materials that match the search, and those materials will be reported on a new screen. Users can then access the different materials by clicking them.
If users create a free profile, they will then be able to create a class and share a class code, so students may enroll in the class. (Students can click here to access the student login page.) By doing so, users will be provided a dashboard where they can add content to their class from the website and monitor students’ progress who are enrolled in their class. Or, when viewing a piece of content, users can click the “Heart” button to save the content to their favorites.
Instructional Ideas for PBS LearningMedia
- When planning a lesson, teachers can search this website for content that they may wish to use. If there is a variety of content, teachers can use the “Heart” button to favorite and save the different pieces of content.
- When working to flip the classroom, teachers can locate information on this website and add it to their virtual classroom. That way, teachers will be able to assign it to students. Next, teachers can monitor student progress of the work and offer assistance as needed.
- To ensure they have taught all the applicable standards, teachers can track the standards they have taught. If they identify a specific standard(s) that still needs to be directly taught, they can do so by using the search tool and then adding content to their course.
- As part of an inquiry-based project, teachers can have students search this database for content related to their topic/question. As they do, students can create an annotated bibliography, graphic organizer, or record of the resources and information they found. That way, when they complete the learning tasks, they will have a quick-access reference sheet to use.
- As a way to engage reluctant learners in a topic, teachers can search the “Interactive” materials on this website, which are more hands-on than the other pieces of content. By providing these interactive materials, teachers can begin differentiating their instruction.
|B2. Collaboration & Communication|
|B3. Ability to Save Progress|
|B5. Platform Integration|
|C2. Ease of Use|
|C5. Screen Design|
|C6. Information Presentation|
|C7. Media Integration|
|C8. Free of Distractors|
Screenshots of PBS LearningMedia