A. Instruction - 5.7
B. Design - 8.3
C. Engagement - 6.3
Rhyme Zone: A Tool for Your Rhyming (and Shakespearean) Needs!
Summary : Cat, Mat, Bat, Sat….
In addition, users can select the “Search in Shakespeare” option without using any words to load the Shakespeare screen. They can then click words that frequently appear in Shakespearean works to locate them in one or more Shakespearean words. Once users have found a the word, Rhyme Zone tells them the source of the word and provides a link to the full text.
Please Note: Rhyme Zone has 19 search options and users are encouraged to explore each of those options!
Instructional Ideas for RhymeZone
- When students are writing poetry, teachers can have them use this website to locate rhyming words.
- If students cannot recall a particular line from a Shakespearean work, students can type in a word or short phrase they do remember, and this website will search for it. If the word or phrase is accurate, students will be able to access the complete work through this website with the line highlighted.
- If students wish to add a famous saying to a paper they are writing that includes a specific word, students can type that word into the search box to locate quotes that include it. They can then incorporate that quote into their paper by referencing it, paraphrasing it, or citing it.
- Students who are unsure of how to use a word in a sentence can type the word into the search box and then choose the “Find Example Sentence” option. Rhyme Zone will then report sentences that include the word.
- As part of a writing workshop, teachers can have students analyze their paper using Slick Write or Grammarly. If the analysis shows that students are using the same word too often, they can use the synonyms feature of this website to locate words they can substitute into their paper.
|A2. 21st Century Skills|
|A3. Conn. to Future Learning|
|A4. Value of Errors|
|A5. Feedback to Teacher|
|A6. Level of Material|
|A7. Cooperative Learning|
|A8. Accom. of Individual Diff.|
|B1. Ability to Save Progress|
|B2. Platform Integration|
|B3. Screen Design|
|B4. Ease of Use|
|B6. Goal Orientation|
|B7. Information Presentation|
|B8. Media Integration|
|B9. Cultural Sensitivity|
|C1. Learner Control|
Screenshots of RhymeZone