A. Efficiency - 8.4
B. Functionality - 6
C. Design - 7.8
Socrative Teacher: A Best App for Assessment
Summary : If You’re Giving Quizzes, You Need This App
Socrative Teacher is designed to support the ways in which teachers can administer formative assessments. After registering with the app, teachers can choose an option from the home screen. Options include: Start a Quiz, Quick Question, Space Race, Exit Ticket, and Manage Quizzes. Users should begin by tapping the “Manage Quizzes” option, so they can create, import, organize, or review quizzes. By tapping the “Create Quiz” option, users are able to add multiple-choice, true/false, and short-answer questions. Users can either type their questions into the quiz manually, or they can import them from a previously made quiz in this app or from an Excel document. Once all the questions have been entered and users are satisfied, they can administer the quiz by returning to the home screen, tapping the “Start a Quiz” option, selecting the quiz they wish to use, adjusting the settings, and tapping the “Start” button. Next, students can access the quiz by visiting the Socrative Student Login Website (http://b.socrative.com/login/student/) and entering the ROOM Code assigned for the quiz from their own device or computer. Students will then need to enter their name, and then they are able to begin the quiz. As students complete the quiz, teachers can view the results live on this app. Using a similar format that links to its accompanying website, users can create single-question polls for their class with the “Quick Question” feature, and they can divide their class into teams with the “Space Race” feature. Once in teams, students can work together to answer quiz questions. Finally, the “Exit Ticket” feature allows students to provide feedback and answer a final question related to a lesson. After quizzes, space races, quick questions, and exit tickets are completed, users must tap the “Finish” button. They will then be provided with options for how they would like the results to be reported to them.
- Teachers can use this app to administer quizzes and view the results. Next, teachers can analyze the results to identify the content and skills that their students demonstrated proficiently and areas where they need to reteach.
- After a lesson, teachers can have students complete an exit ticket using this app. Teachers can then analyze the responses they receive from their students to inform their instruction.
- As a review before a summative assessment, teachers can create a quiz and then select the “Space Race” feature. Teachers can then divide their class into teams and have them work together to solve the various quiz questions.
- After teaching a lesson or unit, teachers can have each student write a multiple-choice question, a true/false question, and a short-answer question related to the lesson or unit using the UX Write app. Students can then email their questions to their teacher, who will select the best questions. The teacher can then create a quiz using those questions.
- As a pre-assessment or formative assessment, teachers can enter a question into the “Quick Question” option and have students respond to it. Next, teachers can analyze the data and use it as part of their instruction.
|B2. Collaboration & Communication|
|B3. Ability to Save Progress|
|B5. Platform Integration|
|C2. Ease of Use|
|C5. Screen Design|
|C6. Information Presentation|
|C7. Media Integration|
|C8. Free of Distractors|