A. Instruction - 9.7
B. Design - 7.1
C. Engagement - 10
TouchCast: A Best App for Making Movies
Summary : Wow! The future of user-generated video!
TouchCast offers users all the tools necessary to create highly interactive, professional-looking broadcasts. Users can add web pages, pictures, videos, polls, live social media, maps, and hotspots called “vapps” that link to their respective sources on the Internet. Viewers of users’ videos can touch and interact with these different vapp hotspots and link to the material being explained, all while staying with the original TouchCast video. For even higher quality projects, users can use the teleprompter option paired with the green-screen capability or import previously filmed video and recorded music to add sound effects and then vapp over it. For flawless flow, users can preload all the web pages, pictures, videos, and other media they wish to reference in their TouchCast. While shooting the video, users can simply touch the vapp content they wish to use and the content appears in real time on the screen.
- Students can create TouchCast reports on a topic studied in class in the place of or in addition to essays. These TouchCasts can incorporate their references as linked web page vapps and can be shared with classmates via their TouchCast channel or through social media, Youtube, or the other sharing options.
- Students can create TouchCast newscasts “live” from the time period studied in a novel or textbook by using the import video and green-screen option and/or by incorporating appropriate vapps of web pages, pictures, videos, maps, and more.
- Teachers can have students create TouchCasts about important events or topics at school. Teachers can encourage students to plan out their TouchCasts with a mind-mapping app like iThoughts HD or SimpleMind+ and collaborate on a script with Google Drive. Students can copy and paste their script into the TouchCast teleprompter to create a professional report complete with complementary vapps.
- Teachers can instruct students to conduct interviews using TouchCast. Students can interview either real people or have another student stand in as a character or historical figure. Students can infuse vapps of web pages, maps, videos, and other multimedia content to make the topics covered in the interview interactive.
- Teachers can create an attention-grabbing introduction to a lesson or explain a project in TouchCast and share the video with their students. All the vapps included in the TouchCast can be web pages, videos, and other media that students will use in the lesson or project being explained.
|A2. 21st Century Skills|
|A3. Conn. to Future Learning|
|A4. Value of Errors|
|A5. Feedback to Teacher|
|A6. Level of Material|
|A7. Cooperative Learning|
|A8. Accom. of Individual Diff.|
|B1. Ability to Save Progress|
|B2. Platform Integration|
|B3. Screen Design|
|B4. Ease of Use|
|B6. Goal Orientation|
|B7. Information Presentation|
|B8. Media Integration|
|B9. Cultural Sensitivity|
|C1. Learner Control|