A. Efficiency - 9
B. Functionality - 10
C. Design - 8.3
USA Test Prep: A Go-To Resource for Data & Standards-Aligned Materials!
Summary : Data, Standards, and Assessments All in One Website!
USA Test Prep is a comprehensive test and review system for creating classes, assessing learning, and reviewing information. To begin, teachers must register with the website, and the website will then provide them with a quick overview of its functionalities. Next, users can click the “Create a Class” button on the bottom of the screen followed by naming their class, selecting descriptors for it, and adding students. After adding students, teachers can click the “Save and Manage Class” button. At this point, teachers can click the “Password Cards” option to print the log-in information for student users and distribute them, and teachers can go back and make edits to the class descriptors, add additional students, and view student activity.
After making a class, teachers can return to the home screen to access additional options. By clicking the “Classes” option, they will be able to add Online Resources (e.g., videos, free response questions, item of the day), Printable Resources (e.g., class activities, puzzles, flashcards), and projector games to their class. As students complete the work, teachers can click the “Class Results” option to monitor student progress. The “Progress Reports” and “Gradebook” options both let teachers track student progress in a formal way, and the “Manage Class” option changes the settings, add students, and more after a class has been created.
From the home screen, there are four additional options. First, the “Messages” option lets teachers send messages to their entire class or to individual students. Next, the “Benchmark” and “Assignment” options both let teachers choose preloaded content they wish for students to engage and add premade questions aligned to standards related to that content students must complete. After creating benchmarks and assignments, teachers are able to set deadlines, parameters, and options for students as they complete the work. Finally, the “Favorite” option allows teachers easy access to the content they bookmarked and use frequently with students.
Instructional Ideas for USA Test Prep
- To begin class, teachers can select a “Bell Ringer” specific for their class under the “Resources” option, load it, and project it to their class. Students can then respond to the bell ringer by logging into the website and answering it, which allows teachers to track their responses. Or, students can answer the bell ringer on paper or on a document hosted by Nettifce 24 or Zoho. Once all students have responded, teachers can use it as a springboard to class discussion.
- When studying a specific topic, teachers can search the videos included under the “Resources” options. When they find one, teachers can scroll to the bottom right of the screen and click the “Assign” option, choose additional options, and then click the “Save Assignment” button to send it to a class. As students complete the assignment, teachers can track their progress.
- To increase student engagement during a review, teachers can click the “Resources” option and scroll down to the “Projector Games” section. They can then choose a game, select the options, and launch the game. In teams, students can work together to answer the questions and win the game! As they play and after they finish, students can record a summary of what they did, important information they learned, and focus areas for future study with Evernote.
- When preparing for a high stakes test, teachers can create sample tests using this website and have students complete them. After students complete the test, teachers can analyze their results and use that data to inform their future instruction.
- At the beginning of the year, teachers can create a benchmark test to be used as a pre-assessment. Teachers can then have students complete that assessment and use it as a baseline data to guide their instruction.
|B2. Collaboration & Communication|
|B3. Ability to Save Progress|
|B5. Platform Integration|
|C2. Ease of Use|
|C5. Screen Design|
|C6. Information Presentation|
|C7. Media Integration|
|C8. Free of Distractors|
Screenshots of USA Test Prep