Original Article: http://www.emergingedtech.com
byon APRIL 1, 2015
A Uniquely Qualified Educational App Rating Service
App Ed Review (www.appedreview.com) is a web-based tool dedicated to supporting teachers in how they find and use educational apps with their students. Their product is unique in the field of educational app resources.
App Ed Review has indexed more than 500 apps (so far) and offers over 1,500 instructional ideas for using apps. App Ed Review’s founders have vetted the methodology they use to organize and rate apps by publishing it in the Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education journal and the Journal of Information TechnologyEducation.
No other resource for educational apps offers these attributes. Teachers of all grade levels and subject areas can use App Ed Review, and it is available by subscription (you can assess a few reviews for no charge, then fees start at $5/month for individual users – KW).
Here are a few more of the powerful features and functions App Ed Review offers:
- An organizational framework for indexing apps that is teacher-friendly
- Original app descriptions written by teachers, not app developers
- A comprehensive 24-point rubric for evaluating instructional apps
- 3-5 instructional ideas for using each app that was reviewed
- A quarterly e-publication titled The App Teacher that features research, commentary, and innovative uses for educational apps.