Technology has brought about many advances into the quality of lives of people. One significant field that technology continues to impact positively is education. Learning is no longer a mere four-wall experience thanks to various online classes and personalised tutoring apps today. If you consider switching from the traditional tutoring setup to using tutoring apps for your kid, you’ll need to know what a tutoring app is and the benefits you’ll get from them.
What is a tutoring app?
A tutoring application is a downloadable virtual learning platform that you can save on your device. When thecombined power of technology and the internet gave birth to the concept of electronic learning or e-learning, it paved the way to the creation of various personalised tutoring websites, such as Cluey Learning, for instance. Soon, with all the gadgets and devices coming out, and as people grew more dependent on them, the creation of mobile tutoring applications has become the next, most logical step in learning.
Benefits that Tutoring Apps Can Offer
Ditching the traditional tutoring approach that your child has gotten used to may have its challenges, but when you consider the benefits of using tutoring apps instead, you’ll find that it can truly be rewarding. Here are some of the benefits that tutoring apps have to offer:
- Portability – Since tutoring apps can be saved on your mobile device, you can bring it anywhere and anytime. Whether you’re inside the car, at home, or a hotel during a vacation, learning is just a button away.
- Convenience – A traditional tutorial setup will always require in-person meetups to conduct sessions. This means that you’ll have to clear up parts of your calendar to accompany your child to the learning center. You’ll also have to deal with books and other learning materials. With tutoring apps, all sessions are done virtually, so your kid can learn while you’re just at home, and all tools and learning materials are easily accessible through the app.
- Customized – Classes are done in a one-on-one setup. This means that lessons and courses are tailor-made to your child’s needs. You’ll provide necessary information regarding the learning needs of your child, and the tutoring app will take this into consideration when offering specific subjects and approaches to learning.
- Expert Tutors – Tutorial centers don’t always have certified tutors who specialize in a particular subject. Tutoring apps are different. Since personalization is highlighted, they make sure that qualified tutors who are experts in their field of study are there to provide students with in-depth learning.
- Less Costly – When downloading a tutoring app, you’ll be required to pay for the app and some in-app purchases, especially learning materials or other tools necessary for the lessons. But you can still save a lot from these expenditures compared to when you’re paying for the maintenance fee, service fee, and other charges for a learning facility. You also have to drive to these on-site tutorial centers, which means that more than the money spent on fuel, you also have to spend time on the road.
- Interactive Visuals – Tutoring apps provide electronic reading and other learning materials.They could add features that allow virtual interaction. For instance, online tutors and students can view and manipulate the shapes and images in real-time.
- Gamification – Tutoring apps combine fun and earning with its gamification approach. This is especially appealing to young students. They can earn points by passing exams, participating in activities and discussion, and submitting assignments on time. This helps increase engagement, and it motivates the student to do more. This gamification system also works for older students, especially when rewards are offered corresponding to the points earned.
- Auto-Feedback – With a tutoring app’s built-in computation and analysis capability, calculating grades is much easier. Hence, performance feedbacks are generated faster. The app will filter through the data and help identify which specific aspects require more attention and also offer ways to develop them.
- Paperless – Since tutoring apps provide the books and learning materials virtually in electronic file format, there will be little to no papers used on the process. This means you are contributing to the preservation of the environment. You’ll have no paper wastes, and more trees are spared.
The rise of mobility and connectivity has found its way into the educational system and made many changes that were not possible in the past. Tutoring applications are examples of this techno-educational revolution. However, a parent’s role in helping a child cope with his or her studies remains an integral part of the child’s learning and development. These apps can be useful to supplement learning, but they can never entirely replace the learning and social interaction a student gets to experience at school.