Original Article: http://thejournal.com
By Christopher Piehler | 04/06/15
App Ed Review, a resource created to support teachers’ integration of tablets into their teaching practice, launched last week. App Ed Review’s founders Todd Cherner and Corey Lee developed their own app evaluation system and classification framework, both of which have been published in academic journals. The launching of App Ed Review represents the culmination of more than two years of work by Cherner and Lee, who are both assistant professors of education in Coastal Carolina University’s Spadoni College of Education.
App Ed Review is available as a subscription-based service. Individuals or schools can purchase subscriptions on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Subscribers get access to the following:
- More than 500 quality app reviews that feature more than 1,500 instructional ideas;
- an organizational framework for indexing apps;
- original app descriptions written by teachers;
- a 24-point rubric for evaluating instructional apps;
- three to five instructional ideas for using each app that was reviewed; and,
- a quarterly e-publication titled The App Teacher that features research, commentary and innovative uses for educational apps.